The Dewi-Prys Thomas Prize
The triennial Dewi-Prys Thomas Prize is Wales's prestigious award that recognizes the importance of good design to the quality of life, identity and regeneration of Wales. It appreciates projects of excellence in a wide range of fields:
• Landscape design and public spaces
• Environmental improvements, sustainability projects and civil engineering
• Public art.
In all of these, projects and initiatives that display the following characteristics are rewarded:
• Excellence: demonstrating the highest quality of thinking, design and execution
• Utility: fulfilling their essential function simply and effectively
• Originality: finding new ways of working in the built environment
• Inspiration: making a difference in the quality and appreciation of design in Wales.
The fifth Dewi-Prys Thomas Prize will be awarded in 2015. Entries/nominations can be made between 1 August 2015 and 11 September 2015. Download the Call for entries here.
Celebrating good design, and passion for good design, in the built environment in WalesDescribed by Patrick Hannay, the editor of 'Touchstone: the magazine for architecture in Wales', as 'Wales's most important architectural award', it celebrates the life of Dewi-Prys Thomas, an inspirational teacher and advocate for Wales and the Welsh environment. Dewi-Prys, who died in 1985, cared deeply about Wales and the Welsh environment and the prize seeks to capture this inspirational and passionate spirit.